Saturday, December 17, 2016

in the wet


Went across and fed the animals at my sister's place before dusk, then served up some spinach and ricotta cannelloni and ate while I listened to a podcast of the radio serial THE ARCHERS. I haven't heard an episode for a year or more but it's surprising how easily you can pick up a soap opera.

Everything was fine on the drive home, even though it was raining lightly. But when I got out of the car, the velcro holding my wallet closed gave way and I ended up squatting down gathering up all the credit cards and similar that were spread across the driveway. 

Fortunately nearly all these are now plastic rather than paper, and a bit of damp seemed to do them no harm. But I felt quite chilled by the time I got inside out of the rain...

2 comments:

Crusty said...

Sure been quiet - Hope all is well with you.
Roger

Crusty said...

Sure has be quiet - hope all is well with you.
Crusty Roger