Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lassie Go Home

.

Haven't posted much lately, but I guess this is because each day seems so busy.  Take yesterday for example. 

I was up early because it was the day that our local fruit-and-vegetable man drops by with a van loaded with fresh fruit and veggies.   After he left, I felt so tired I thought about going back to bed... but I didn't because I knew we would never get through the day if I did.  

After feeding the poultry, my sister and I drove down to South Hobart.  Julie had spotted some luscious looking boots in the Jesse Shop op-shop when we were at a wedding at All Saints Church, but thrift shops don't take plastic cards.    We raced down and bought the boots, then had a quick fossick around the shop.  

The Jesse Shop is one of those great old stores, full of nooks and crannies filled with all sorts of bric-a-brac, memorabilia and just plain stuff.   We must go back again when we have time to take a leisurely look around.  

Then back to the croquet club for the Fun Day BBQ.  Ian and Henry had done a great job on laying out some games that we could play on the croquet lawns.   It all looked a bit odd at first but turned out to be a lot of fun.  Following that we fired up the barbecue and threw on some snags and burgers.  

To my surprise June appeared with a handful of  toy Olympic Medals and handed them out to all the competitors.   We even lined up and had our photograph taken (no we didn't have a podium, since we were all winners!).

Where does the title come in?  We had taken to the barbecue a brown dog -- not our dog, just a stray we had picked up the night before when I was driving over to Julie's place.   She thought it was too late to let it roam the streets;  it might have been run over. 

So we went back to the intersection where I thought we'd found the dog.    I walked up to the house on one corner, rang the doorbell and asked "Do you know a family that has a small white and brown dog?"

"Yes!" they cried.  "We do!"

Well, I thought to myself, that was easy enough ! 



 

No comments: